The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is once again searching for a 72-year-old Decatur man who suffers from Alzheimer's disease who has disappeared for more than a year.
Approximately 20 people searched a secluded area off County Road 300 near Skyline Wednesday for James Elliot. This comes after someone discovered clothing which may have belonged to Elliot. Search dogs accompanied the party in the effort to locate the man.
Authorities located Eliot's SUV in a wooded area south of Scottsboro in 2016. They believe Eliot's vehicle wedged between two trees, which forced him to leave the scene on foot.
Decatur police and Jackson County deputies are asking anyone with information on his disappearance to contact authorities.
- Jackson County authorities renew search for 72-year-old Decatur man
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Authorities locate missing man in Jackson County
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man
- Lawrence County authorities searching for jail escapee
- Bibb County authorities searching for missing teen
- Authorities searching for theft suspect
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate
- Jackson County stabbing suspect turns himself into authorities
- Remains found in Jackson County believed to be those of missing Decatur man