UPDATE: The remains have been identified from dental records as James Michael Eakin. Eakin was reported missing in August.
James Eakin; from Jackson Co. Sheriff's Office Facebook page
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is conducting a death investigation after a body was found in Hollywood on Sunday afternoon.
Chief Deputy Rocky Harnen told WAAY 31 deputies were called around 3 p.m. on Sunday when a resident found the body.
Harnen said because the body is so decomposed, investigators could not determine if foul play is involved or if the body is male or female.
The body will be sent off for an autopsy sometime on Monday.
- Body found in Hollywood identified as missing man
- Missing Decatur man's body positively identified
- Body found in Guntersville identified as missing woman.
- Body found on Jeff Road identified
- Decomposed body found in East Lawrence identified
- Body found in Pinhook Creek identified as Huntsville man
- Body recovered from Elk River identified as missing kayaker
- Florence police: Help identify body found floating in Tennessee River
- Body found in Guntersville sent to be identified
- Man's body found in Lawrence County, Tenn.