Photo Gallery 2 Images
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man for harboring an escaped jail inmate.
Richard Hill, 43, from Scottsboro is charged with possession of a synthetic narcotic and obstruction for hindering the apprehension of an escapee. He was booked in the Jackson County Jail around 4 a.m. Thursday. He's being held on a $5,300 bond.
Jericho Tidwell escaped from a work release detail at Stevenson Park about 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to the sheriff’s office. The department says he was spotted in Scottsboro early Thursday morning on Vann Street.
Tidwell is a white, male, 5'10" tall, approximately 150 pounds with brown shaved hair, hazel eyes and numerous tattoos, including visible tattoos on his neck. He is in jail for a probation revocation and had been working this detail for several weeks, the department said.
The sheriff's office said Tidwell was helping put up Christmas lights in the park. He pretended to use the bathroom and didn't come back, according to the department.
Tidwell is not believed to be armed, but authorities warn people to use caution if they see him. Read more on the search here.
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office arrests man for harboring escaped jail inmate
- Jackson County Jail escaped inmate recaptured
- Search underway for escaped Jackson County jail inmate
- Sheriff: 2 inmates overpower officer, escape Tennessee jail
- Jackson County inmate escapes from job site
- Search for escaped Jackson County inmate continues; 1 arrested
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Jackson County Jail inmate accused of attacking corrections officer
- Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office seeks ‘dangerous’ escaped inmate