On Monday, we are working to learn more about the deadly fire at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro.
We've been told we could learn the cause of the fire as early as Monday, but we've reached out to state and federal investigators to learn when exactly it will be released.
We know the investigation centered around the boat where officials believe the fire started. That boat was removed from the water, but investigators wouldn't tell us who the boat belongs to.
We also know the four boats still underwater were ruled out as not having anything to do with where the fire began. We've asked officials if any charges could be filed surrounding the cause of the fire, but they haven't answered that question just yet.
There's still plenty of cleanup to go, but on Monday, the park is partially opening back up.
Officials ask the public to not go around any barricades or yellow tape. Those areas include behind KC's BBQ, the boat ramp on the south end and the docks.
As of Monday morning, about 40 percent of the debris is cleaned up, according to officials. Right now, they've filled a whole barge with wreckage and there's still plenty more to go.
People who live there also want the public to be aware that what you see at the docks could be an emotional shock.
"I just want them to understand that it's a lot worse in person than it is when you see on TV. The cameras do catch it, but when you see it in person, it's so much worse," said Shannon Edmonds.
- Jackson County Park in Scottsboro to partially reopen after deadly fire
- Officials discuss deadly dock fire at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro
- Crews getting ready to reopen Jackson County Park after fire
- Lightning could affect Jackson County Park work after deadly fire
- Jackson County Park and Marina cleanup underway after deadly fire
- VIDEOS: Fire kills 8, causes severe damage at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro, kills 8
- WATCH: Authorities discuss deadly fire at Scottsboro boat dock
- Recovery effort underway at scene of deadly Scottsboro dock fire
- WATCH: Woman captures video of deadly Scottsboro fire
- Scottsboro’s heart breaks after deadly boat dock fire