The One Walk benefitting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is a week away, and nearly $70,000 is needed to meet their fundraising goal.
The money benefits a multitude of services provided to diabetic children and their families.
WAAY-31 is proud to be the media sponsor for this year's race. It takes place Saturday, April 21st at the Redstone Federal Credit Union Campus on Wynn Drive, and you can still sign up by clicking here.
Ahead of the race, WAAY-31's Bill Young talked to a local woman who grew up with Type-1 diabetes and knows firsthand the difference JDRF can make in someone's life.
- One Walk still working toward JDRF fundraising goal
- Randolph School's Big Post-Season Goals
- Alabama man's 20-mile walk to work attracts praise, new car
- Sheffield City working to negotiate walking trail cost
- Madison County Tiger walk
- End Heroin HSV Walk
- Ivey widens fundraising lead in gubernatorial race
- Cavanaugh leads fundraising in lietenant governor primary
- Huntsville Museum of Art fundraiser happens Thursday
- Medicaid Work Requirement Proposal