It's been one week since a DeKalb County teen, Koy Spears, went missing near Buck's Pocket State Park.
Crews had to put that search on hold again Friday, because officials say the water is too unsafe. Spears' mom and friends are holding out hope that he'll make it home. Koy Spear's mother said she wants less focus on the water and more on the woods surrounding it.
"Koy, I will find you baby. I will most definitely find him," said Koy Spears' mother, Leslie Spears. "He could be in those woods, and those woods have not been scoured. Everyone is so focused, so much on this Jeep and this water."
On Wednesday, deputies said they found a car submerged in the water, but it's been too dangerous to pull it out. Koy and two friends were in a Jeep last Friday when raging waters swept them away. The friends were rescued, clinging to a tree, and they believe Koy was in the Jeep that sank.
"I miss Koy. I miss him a lot, and I want him to come home really bad," said a friend, Hannah Stephens.
Deputies say once the water goes down to a safe level, they'll pick up the search again. Right now, state troopers are posted at Buck's Pocket State Park, and the whole park is closed.
"I don't want anyone to get hurt trying to, but when the water goes down, I expect them to find him," said another friend, Madison Satterfield. "It's been a week today, and it feels like it's been a lot longer."
- Buck's Pocket State Park closed as crews suspend search for missing teen
- Search for missing teen resumes at Buck's Pocket State Park
- Search for teen missing at Buck's Pocket State Park suspended due to bad weather
- Crews discover missing driver, vehicle in Buck's Pocket State Park
- Search of missing person at Buck's Pocket State Park resumes
- Search for missing driver at Buck's Pocket suspended indefinitely
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Search for missing person suspended at Buck's Pocket State Park
- UPDATE: Rushing water hindering search for teen missing in Buck’s Pocket State Park creek
- Search for missing driver at Buck’s Pocket State Park ends, will restart Saturday
- Vehicle expected to be pulled from Buck's Pocket State Park where teen went missing