A few light showers are possible through Tuesday due to some pop-up showers over the Valley. Our biggest chances for rain this week will be due to two factors. The first is a strong cold front moving across the county, and the other is a tropical system that may impact the Valley.
The cold front will impact us and bring rain, but we could see additional rainfall if this tropical system moves across north Alabama. As of right now, the data is showing it moving across Sand Mountain on Wednesday. Which is also the same day the cold front will hit us. The cold front acts like a big atmospheric broom. It will sweep away the system and if the front moves through before the tropical system does, that will greatly decrease the possibility of the tropical system impacting our area.
Once both systems clear, it will FINALLY feel like October.
- It's finally going to feel like fall, but we got some rain first
- Last bout of summer before we finally feel like fall
- Rain falls through Saturday morning
- Rain falls through Thursday & Friday
- Rain falls late Tuesday night and Wednesday
- Havoc fall 3-2 in game 2 of President's Cup Finals
- Rain won't dampen the final day of Panoply set up
- Residents feel unsafe on Madison Co. roads
- Dry But Feeling Close To 100 Monday
- Rain is here and will fall through Friday