Thunderstorm chances will increase from west to east as a weakening cold front arrives Sunday afternoon and evening. Best chances for thunderstorms Sunday will be west of I-65. Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms will be possible for areas closer to the Shoals. The main concern with any strong to severe thunderstorm will be damaging straight-line winds.
The cold front will continue to work east Sunday night and into Monday. This will increase chances for showers and thunderstorms for the entire Tennessee Valley.
Afternoon highs will drop to the mid 80s Monday but will quickly rebound back to the 90s by Tuesday. Some mid 90s will be possible by the 2nd half of next workweek, which will put some locations near record highs.
- Isolated severe thunderstorms possible Sunday
- Isolated thunderstorms Thursday afternoon
- Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms Monday
- Isolated thunderstorms Friday, severe storms possible Saturday
- Isolated strong thunderstorms possible Wednesday
- Isolated showers and thunderstorms Thursday
- Severe thunderstorms possible Saturday
- Severe thunderstorms possible Friday
- An isolated storm chance Sunday
- Another warm afternoon with isolated thunderstorms Thursday