The people who put together Huntsville's St. Patrick's Day parade are apologizing. It's all because someone at the parade yelled "terrorists" at a boy carrying a flag for a Catholic group.
The episode apparently boils down to political differences in Ireland. The man yelled out that the group of Irish Catholics were “terrorists.”
Parade organizers say the man supports a unionist ideology. Unionists are, for the most part, Protestant and want a close relationship between Ireland and Great Britain. Nationalists, on the other hand, are typically Roman Catholic and want Ireland to stand on its own.
- Ireland's political differences spill into Huntsville's St. Patrick's Day parade
- Several families watched the St. Patrick's day parade
- Huntsville's Veterans Day parade cancelled
- Sunny & mild for St. Patrick's Day
- Huntsville Havoc parade road closures
- New York St. Patrick's Day banner sparks controversy
- Huntsville police prepare for Saint Patrick's Day celebrations
- Tanker spill cleanup begins
- Chemical spill in Decatur
- Huntsville Martin Luther King, Jr. parade canceled