LOS ANGELES (AP) - Iowa native Maddie Poppe has won "American Idol."
The singer-songwriter bested Caleb Lee Hutchinson and Gabby Barrett in Monday night's two-hour finale on ABC.
Poppe and Hutchinson announced on the program that they're dating, surprising judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie. They then performed "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."
Poppe called the experience incredible.
Hutchinson took to Twitter to congratulate Poppe.
The three judges performed during the finale along with Patti LaBelle, Nick Jonas and Mustard, Bebe Rexha, Darius Rucker, Gary Clark Jr., Yolanda Adams and Kermit the Frog.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Iowa native wins American Idol
- Arab resident Brandon Elder performed on 'American Idol'
- Local singer prepares for life after "American Idol"
- #NotInvisible: Why are Native American women vanishing?
- Redstone celebrates Native American Heritage Month
- Film probes history of Native Americans in the US military
- Teen idol David Cassidy, 'Partridge Family' star, dies at 67
- Shoals natives nominated for Grammy awards
- Florence native injured in Bahamas boat explosion
- Leighton Native, Ozzie Newsome, to step down as Ravens GM