(ABC News) Investigators believe they have found the body of a missing 4-year-old boy in North Carolina.
While assisting local authorities in the search for Raul Gonzalez Johnson, the FBI said a body was discovered in a pond off a road near the boy's home in Laurinburg on Saturday afternoon.
The body appears to be Raul, who disappeared Wednesday, and the boy's family has been notified. The Scotland County Medical Examiner's Office must still confirm the identity and cause of death, the FBI said.
Authorities had said Raul's grandfather was watching him Wednesday when he lost track of the boy and called police. Raul was last seen by a neighbor walking in Laurinburg, according to ABC affiliate WVEC.
An Amber Alert in North Carolina was issued for Raul earlier this week.
- Investigators believe they've found body of missing 4-year-old
- Police investigating body found in apartment pool
- Authorities investigate after body found on roadside
- BREAKING NEWS: Body of missing Moulton woman has been found
- Body of missing Moulton woman found in Winston Co.
- Bodies of missing Colorado pregnant mother, 2 daughters found
- Body found in Guntersville identified as missing woman.
- Body found in Hollywood identified as missing man
- The body of a missing hiker was found in Hawaii
- Missing Alabama woman's body found at bottom of a well