A Madison County Jail inmate accused of capital murder remains behind bars despite his repeated attempts to break out.
Keon Jackson now faces potential charges of escape and destruction of prison property.
Sheriff’s investigators tell WAAY 31 detention officers got wind Jackson was planning to escape. During a search, the jailers found Jackson had tampered with the window in his cell and stashed materials to help in his getaway.
Jackson already tried to escape back in May.
He’s in jail charged with the capital murder of a man killed in Huntsville in March of last year. Jackson’s accused of shooting the man, taking his wallet, setting his house on fire and stealing the man’s vehicle.
- Investigators: accused killer planned to break out of jail
- I-Team: Is an Alabama law change responsible for letting an accused killer out of jail?
- Accused Craigslist cat killer slated to face trial this week
- Accused kitten killer decalared not guilty by mental disease
- Inside the Madison County standoff with an accused killer
- I-Team: Accused Guntersville killer left Birmingham homeless shelter
- Two men jailed in meth trafficking investigation
- Police investigate Decatur car dealership break-in
- Golden State Killer DNA Concerns
- Convicted killer escapes Mississippi prison