Christie Finley is the Interim Superintendent who will take over for Superintendent Matt Akin when he leaves the district May 31st for Gulf Shores.
Finley is currently the Deputy Superintendet of Strategy and Innovation at Huntsville City Schools.
She has 27 years of experience in education.
She told WAAY 31 she's going to continue Akin's example of making the right decisions for kids while she's the Interim Superintendent.
"We are a team here. The faces are still the same and at the heart of the matter what we are about are about kids and if we are making the best decision for kids, even those that are new things that are in place, like transportation, and busing, and a new interim superintendent, and a new personnel vendor, we're making decisions that are best for kids," said Finley.
Huntsville City Schools will have 180 days from May 31st to find a permanent Superintendent.
Finley told WAAY 31 she's not sure right now if she'll throw her name into the ring for the job.
- Interim Superintendent named for Huntsville City Schools
- Huntsville City Schools Superintendent Resigns
- Christie Finley named Superintendent of Huntsville City Schools
- Superintendent Akin leaving Huntsville City Schools
- School board approves contract for interim superintendent position
- Huntsville City Schools superintendent confirms student did sneak into school
- Huntsville City Schools Superintendent finalist for Gulf Shores job
- Huntsville City Schools approves contract for new Superintendent
- Huntsville School's Superintendent offered Gulf Shores superintendent job
- Madison City Schools Superintendent holds community meeting