Temperatures will continue to soar into the 90s the next few days with limited chances for rain. Because of the lack of rainfall our drought situation is getting worse. We are also looking at a fairly dry forecast the next several days.
Florence will continue to dump rain and bring in damaging winds along the Carolina coastline for the next 48-60 hours. On top of that, areas could see over 2 feet of rain which will make life threatening flooding a guarantee.
We won't see any impact from Florence here in the Valley. There were some times where we were looking at some impact but now with a quick turn north we won't see anything.
- Intense Heat And Lack Of Rain Is Making Drought Conditions Worse
- Intense heat again Friday
- Drought conditions continue to worsen
- One more day of intense heat
- Strong storms Friday with intense heat next week
- Drought Monitor: Severe Drought Holds Tight
- Isolated showers bring little relief from the worsening drought conditions
- Alabama under Fire Danger Advisory because of heat, lack of rain
- Former President Bush out of intensive care, making progress
- North Alabama will need significant rain to beat the drought