An inmate who fled from a work release site in Talladega County, Alabama, was recaptured Sunday morning.
The Alabama Department of Corrections reported Joel Amos Spears, 28, left the Childersburg Work Release Center around 1 a.m. Friday morning.
He was serving a 15-year sentence for a second-degree escape charge in Randoph County. He was sentenced back on May 11, 2016.
ADOC officials said he was recaptured by the Talladega County Sheriff's Office around 2:23 a.m. on Sunday.
- Inmate recaptured after leaving work release center
- Work release inmate recaptured, faces escape charge
- Tuscumbia escaped inmate recaptured
- Escaped inmate recaptured
- Authorities recapture inmate who escaped from Decatur Work Release facility
- Authorities recapture inmate who escaped work release in Colbert County
- Inmate who escaped from work release recaptured in Albertville
- Second Morgan County work release inmate recaptured after leaving detail in December
- Escaped inmate recaptured in Huntsville
- UPDATE: Escaped inmate from Montgomery recaptured