Investigator Brent Patterson with the Madison County Sheriff's Office says on Sunday afternoon, it was discovered a 28-year-old male inmate committed suicide in the Madison County Jail.
Patterson says the inmate's identity will not be released, and as routine protocol for suspicious deaths, an investigation has been completed. The inmate's remains were sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science in Huntsville for an autopsy.
- Inmate found dead in Madison County Jail
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Community reacts after inmate found dead in Morgan County Jail
- Investigation under way after Madison County Jail inmate dies
- Escaped Morgan County inmate found dead in Florida
- Escaped inmate in Madison County recaptured
- Madison County inmate dies, launching investigation
- Lawsuits settled over Madison County inmate deaths
- Investigators: Madison County inmate killed himself
- Inmates help clean up northeast Madison County