Investigator Brent Patterson with the Madison County Sheriff's Office says on Sunday afternoon, it was discovered a 28-year-old male inmate committed suicide in the Madison County Jail.
Patterson says the inmate's identity will not be released, and as routine protocol for suspicious deaths, an investigation has been completed. The inmate's remains were sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science in Huntsville for an autopsy.
- Inmate found dead in Madison County Jail
- Inmate found dead at Madison County Jail
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Community reacts after inmate found dead in Morgan County Jail
- Sheriff’s Office: Inmate found dead in Lawrence County Jail
- Morgan County Jail inmate dies
- Investigation under way after Madison County Jail inmate dies
- Madison man identified as Morgan County Jail inmate who died
- Four inmates suffer apparent overdoses at Madison County Jail
- Madison County Sheriff’s Office releases name and charges of inmate found dead