A Madison County Jail inmate died Wednesday, according to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff’s office said the inmate, whose name is not being released pending notification of next of kin, was found alone and unresponsive in his cell Wednesday afternoon.
Huntsville Emergency Medical Services was notified, and the inmate was pronounced dead.
The sheriff’s office said there were no signs of injury or trauma, and it had only been approximately one hour since his last cell check.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.
- Inmate found dead in Madison County Jail
- Inmate found dead at Madison County Jail
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- Sheriff’s Office: Inmate found dead in Lawrence County Jail
- Community reacts after inmate found dead in Morgan County Jail
- Morgan County Jail inmate dies
- Investigation under way after Madison County Jail inmate dies
- Madison man identified as Morgan County Jail inmate who died
- Four inmates suffer apparent overdoses at Madison County Jail
- Madison County Sheriff’s Office releases name and charges of inmate found dead