Authorities say a man who escaped work release Tuesday in Decatur is back in custody.
Jared Kendrick Jones, 23, escaped from the North Alabama Community Based Facility around 1 a.m., according to the Alabama Department of Corrections.
Officials said Tuesday night Jones surrendered to authorities in Florence just before 6:30 p.m.
Jones is serving a 20-year sentence for second-degree robbery out of Etowah County.
- UPDATE: Inmate who escaped Decatur work release captured
- Escaped inmate captured
- Inmate escapes Alabama work release
- Authorities recapture inmate who escaped from Decatur Work Release facility
- UPDATE: Escaped Marion County inmate captured
- Escaped inmate captured near Geraldine
- Escaped Limestone County inmate captured
- Alabama authorities capture escaped inmate
- Work release inmate recaptured, faces escape charge
- Details released in capture of escaped Limestone County inmate