The Alabama State Bureau of Investigation has confirmed that it is looking into the circumstances surrounding the death of a 12-year-old girl, Jayla Sutton, who was hit and killed by a pickup truck just one day after Thanksgiving.
The Lawrence County Sheriff Gene Mitchell asked the State Bureau of Investigation in December to investigate the circumstances that led to Jayla's death. He said he asked this because it was his deputy who failed to report to the Department of Human Resources when Jayla walked away hours prior to her fatal accident on Highway 157.
An autopsy was not performed on her body.
Any information regarding the investigation can be given to the Division E SBI office at 256-436-1344. Public information requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I-Team: AL Bureau of Investigation looking into circumstances surrounding Jayla Sutton's death
- I-Team: Lawrence County Sheriff requests SBI to look into Jayla Sutton's case
- I-Team: Neighbor: "I feel like Jayla has been failed"
- Wreck blocks part of Sutton Road
- Alabama Bureau of Investigation looking into officer-involved shooting
- U.S. Census Bureau hiring for temporary positions
- Police investigating child's death
- Death Investigation in Triana
- Redstone Arsenal addresses concerns surrounding post housing
- Huntsville police address confusion surrounding firework ordinance