Interstate 65 near mile marker 319 is closed as crews repair a bridge at the location. A crash involving a tractor-trailer hauling construction equipment damaged the bridge around 6 p.m. Wednesday evening. No injuries occurred, but the roadway was damaged.
Traffic heading southbound on I-65 should detour off exit 322 onto East Pike Road, head south on U.S. 31 and then enter back onto exit 318. Officials say the bridge remains structurally sound, but due to repairs the southbound roadway will most likely remain closed until Friday at noon. Decatur Police say to expect heavy traffic and if possible to avoid Highway 67 altogether.
Currently, no traffic is allowed South of exit 325.
For more information, visit algotraffic.com.
- I-65 Bridge Damaged
- UPDATE: I-65 Bridge Reopened
- DeKalb County 140 bridge damaged, closed after tractor-trailer crash
- Repairs on the way for damaged bridge in Rainsville
- I-65 wreck grinds traffic to holiday halt
- 18-wheeler wreck blocks I-65 in Cullman County
- Work on second I-65 project starts tonight
- Tractor-trailer overturned on I-65 near Ardmore
- I-65 Southbound lanes back open after tractor trailer wreck
- Police chase on I-65 leads to one arrest