Huntsville police shut down multiple lanes of I-565 east during rush hour Wednesday morning because of a wreck that injured four people.
The wreck happened before 9 a.m. left only the inside eastbound lane on 565 open between Jordan Lane and Triana Boulevard.
Emergency responders said three vehicles were involved in the wreck. A total of four people were injured, HEMSI spokesman Don Webster said, and three of them were taken to a hospital. Webster said none of the injuries were life-threatening.
A fourth person at the scene refused treatment, Webster said.
The lanes reopened just before 9:30 a.m.
A Huntsville Police Department spokesman said the wreck was caused by an "aggressive" lane change. There was no word on whether anyone was cited.
- I-565 lanes shut down for morning wreck
- Multiple wrecks reported along I-565
- I-565 Lane Closures Start Wednesday
- Traffic Alert: I-565 eastbound lanes reopened after wreck
- Traffic Alert: Westbound I-565 lane blocked due to wreck
- Woman hospitalized following car wreck on I-565
- I-565 backed up due to wreck
- Wreck shuts down lanes of Highway 231/431 in Hazel Green
- Traffic alert: Eastbound lanes of I-565 at Exit 19A back open after wreck
- Traffic alert: All lanes of Memorial Parkway at I-565 back open after multiple wrecks