According to officials with the Morgan County Sheriff's Department, 52-year-old Michael Lesher and 39-year-old Lisa Lesher, were arrested by U.S. Marshals in Carroll County, Georgia.
The charges come after allegations brought to authorities in 2007. The Department of Human Resources, The Child Advocacy Center, The District Attorney and The Morgan County Sheriff's Special Victims Unit were involved in the case.
Michael and Lisa are husband and wife. Michael was indicted and charged with 4 counts of Sodomy in the 1st degree, by Forcible Compulsion, 1 count of Sodomy 2nd degree, 1 count of Sexual Torture and 1 count of Sexual Abuse 1st degree.
Lisa was indicted and charged with 4 counts of Sodomy in the 1st degree.
On November 7th, 2017, the two waived extradition and were transported to the Morgan County jail.
Authorities say the two victims from the case are now prepared to follow through and the case has been re-opened. There is no statute of limitations for sexual crimes against minors.
Michael William Lesher's bond has been set at $435,000 and Lisa Marie Lesher's bond was set at $437,000.
- Husband, Wife arrested on sex abuse charges
- Husband charged with wife's murder arrested in Alabama
- Town Creek man arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
- Athens police arrest man on sex abuse charges
- Lauderdale Co. investigators arrest man on child sex abuse charges
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Moore's wife defends husband, says he will fight
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- More sex abuse charges filed against Alabama evangelist