A Huntsville man is frustrated with the city's recycling service, saying his trash is often missed by the pick-up crews.
Dario Gonzalez, a resident in west Huntsville told WAAY 31 that he's complained to the city several times in the past six months about his recycling service. The problem is simple: crerws fail to pick up his recycling -- even though his family has an assigned pick-up day.
"They forgot. It was too early. Their trucks are messed up in some way or another," said Gonzalez.
Those are just some of the excuses Gonzalez said he has recieved from the city.
"We leave the recycling out on the curb. We live on a very busy and windy street, and it just blows out on to Triana," he said.
Since the trash contiously blows away, Gonzalez said he thinks it's discouraging his neighbors to make an effort to recycle.
"People are a little bit less likely to recycle if city services aren't provided," he added.
WAAY 31 reached out to the city's spokesperson along with the public works director to find out what's going on with the recycling service, but have not yet received a response.
Stay with WAAY 31 for additional information.
- Huntsville man says city regularly fails to pick up recycling
- 3 Huntsville City Schools make state failing schools list
- People confused after Huntsville recycling facility's sudden closure
- 3 Huntsville schools 'failing' according to the Alabama Accountability Act
- Huntsville Police: Cousins murdered teen after failed drug deal
- SpaceX 1st: Recycled rocket soars with recycled capsule
- City donates 100 recycle bins to Florence High School
- Helen Keller Hospital picks new president with Huntsville ties
- Huntsville City Schools Superintendent Resigns
- Huntsville City Schools CFO resigns