Late Saturday night, 53-year-old Antony Wu was driving a 1996 Dodge Ram southbound on Chaney Thompson Road. Huntsville Police said his vehicle ran off the left side of the road and went into the front yard of a house. It hit a car parked in that driveway and then continued to move into a different yard, striking a large bush and fence before striking the house on Riverchase Road.
Wu's truck went through the wall of a Riverchase Road house and hit the female victim, 48-year-old Joy Vaughn who was inside sleeping.
Vaughn was transported to Huntsville Hospital, but was pronounced dead moments later. Wu was also transported with non-life threatening injuries. Huntsville Police believe drugs and alcohol were a factor in the crash. A search warrant was obtained to take a sample of Wu's blood for analysis. Authorities charged Wu with manslaughter.
Joy Vaughn was related to an employee of WAAY 31.
- Woman crashed truck into Huntsville home
- Huntsville woman killed after truck crashes into home
- Boyfriend speaks out after woman killed inside Huntsville home
- Family remembers Huntsville woman killed in tragic crash
- Truck catches fire in Huntsville
- Huntsville man killed in Marshall County crash
- Huntsville man killed in Limestone County crash
- Dump truck crash snarls traffic on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Neighbors call for speed bumps after truck crashes into home
- Fort Payne woman killed in crash