We're about a month and a half away from expanded transportation services in Huntsville.
The city will start Saturday bus service on July 1st. They'll also extend weekday hours to 9:00 at night.
The city is also adding more stops in Huntsville, and expanding the para-transit service called "Handi-Ride." With July quickly approaching, the city's transportation services director said he needs more employees.
"We got to hire quite a few personnel, quite a few bus operators, quite a few Handi-Ride operators. We've got to locate bus shelters, relocate bus shelters, put out bus stop signs, change signs from place to place," said Tommy Brown, director of public transportation.
Tommy Brown says the changes are the result of a 6-month survey with riders.
- Huntsville to expand its transportation services
- Huntsville releases transportation plan
- Historic home transported from Guntersville to Huntsville
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service
- Huntsville Hospital expands neonatal intensive care unit
- Possible changes could be made to Huntsville public transportation
- AT&T expands gigabit-speed Internet service to Athens, Florence
- Gov. Ivey signs legislation expanding Alabama's broadband services
- Southwest says aloha to Hawaii with expanded service
- Chuck Wagon Texas BBQ to expand its presence to Huntsville