Huntsville police said scammers are impersonating police in an effort to coax cash out of their victims.
Police said someone is disguising the police department's non-emergency number, 256-722-7100, and telling callers they work for the Huntsville Police Department. The caller then tells the victim that they owe the department money and if they don't pay, a warrant will be issued for their arrest.
Police said the call is a scam and is not the way the department operates.
Police said anyone who gets the call should contact them and let them know.
- Huntsville police warn of scammers impersonating officers
- Huntsville police: Scammers impersonating department to solicit money
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scammers using Cash App
- Decatur Utilities warns customers about scammers
- Decatur man arrested for impersonating peace officer
- Scottsboro man arrested for impersonating a police officer
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police adding more officers, speed warnings to Governors Drive
- BBB warns of scammers for Hurricane Florence charities
- Huntsville police getting more officers