According to Lt. Johnson with Huntsville police, the department has been working closely with the United States Secret Service and the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency for the past several weeks to ensure everyone’s safety during Vice President Mike Pence's visit on Tuesday.
Vice President Pence and top cabinet members will be in Huntsville for the National Space Council meeting. Police say drivers should be aware that traffic will be backed up intermittently on portions of Interstate 565 on Tuesday from around 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the preparations for Pence's visit, click HERE.
- Huntsville police say vice president's visit could cause traffic delays
- Huntsville prepares for Vice President Mike Pence's visit
- Vice President Mike Pence's Huntsville visit lights up social media
- Vice President Mike Pence coming to Huntsville
- Watch: Vice President Mike Pence in Huntsville
- "Space Kid" shares special moment with Vice President Pence during Huntsville visit
- Huntsville aerospace contractors respond to Vice President Pence's space goals
- Vice President met with Supreme Court candidates
- Marshall Space Flight Director: New push for the moon after Vice President Mike Pence's visit
- Storms fade and sun returns for a Vice Presidential visit