Two people are recovering after a crash around 11 p.m. Tuesday at Research Park Boulevard and University Drive.
One person was seriously injured, and another person has non-life-threatening injuries, according to Don Webster with Huntsville Emergency Medical Services.
Huntsville police say an Uber driver was travelling south on Research Park Boulevard. They say there was a passenger in the vehicle who was an Uber client from Minnesota.
According to the department, another driver ran into the rear of the Uber driver's vehicle between University Drive and Bradford Drive, causing it to spin several times.
The other vehicle rolled several times and came to a stop on the left shoulder of the road. Everyone in the vehicles was taken to Huntsville Hospital.
Police say speeding and alcohol are believed to be factors. They say toxicology testing will be performed on both drivers.
- Huntsville police say speeding, alcohol believed to be factors in crash involving Uber driver
- Huntsville police: Alcohol likely a factor in Winchester Road crash
- Huntsville police: Drugs, alcohol possibly factors in serious Bob Wallace crash
- Huntsville police: Alcohol suspected as factor in early Friday motorcycle crash
- Alabama police: Speed a factor in crash that killed 3 teens
- Defense: No alcohol in fatal Alabama crash involving ex-astronaut
- Huntsville police: Intoxicated driver crashes into police vehicle
- Driver arrested following high-speed pursuit in Huntsville
- Huntsville police charge man with sodomy after Uber driver’s alert
- Tuscaloosa police: Fake Uber driver had pictures of unconscious women