Photo Gallery 1 Images
Huntsville police responded to a shooting early Monday morning on Battlefield Drive.
The department responded around 1 a.m. to find a man with a gunshot wound to his abdomen.
Police say the victim and the suspect got into a physical altercation at the victim’s home. During the altercation, they say the suspect was assaulting the victim and pulled a gun from his pocket. They say the victim then grabbed the suspect's gun and shot him one time in the abdomen before throwing the weapon to where the suspect couldn’t get it.
The suspect, 30-year-old Jeremy Kentrell Norwood, was taken to Huntsville Hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. He was later booked in the Madison County Jail around 5:34 a.m. Jail records show a bond has not been set.
Norwood is facing charges for domestic violence third-degree (assault), domestic violence third-degree (menacing), possession of a pistol by a violent felon and violation of a domestic violence protection order.
- Huntsville police respond to shooting on Battlefield Drive
- Huntsville police investigating shooting on Autumnwood Drive
- Huntsville police investigating shooting on Bonnell Drive
- Huntsville police investigating shooting off University Drive
- Huntsville police investigating shooting on Torrance Drive
- Huntsville Police respond to shooting on Clinton Avenue
- Huntsville Police arrest suspect for fatal shooting on Atkins Drive
- Huntsville police investigating deadly shooting at apartment on Dunn Drive
- Huntsville Fire responds to Chase Valley Drive house fire
- Huntsville Fire responds to fire on Bonnie Oaks Drive