The Huntsville Police Department says a former officer was arrested Monday night in a prostitution sting.
Scott Sanders, who in 1995 was sentenced to 20 years after pleading guilty to a manslaughter charge for killing his girlfriend, Brandy Braselton, was booked in the Madison County Jail early Tuesday morning.
Sanders was arrested in the prostitution sting in the area of Hood Road, according to police. He was behind bars for about 3 hours before posting bond.
It's something community members see as a growing problem.
"It's gone up... I mean when it comes to the prostitution stuff," said Joshua Ryan, who lives in Huntsville.
According to an online memorial page, Braselton was 18 and just graduated from Grissom High School, when she was murdered in a church parking lot on Mastin Lake Road.
After hearing Sanders is back on the streets and was arrested again, Ryan is concerned.
"Let's just say that if you pay somebody to have sex with somebody, I mean it's not necessarily deadly all the time, but it can lead to certain instances like that," said Ryan.
This sting is similar to one conducted earlier this month in which six men were arrested. Read about that here.
- Huntsville police prostitution sting nets arrest of ex officer who killed girlfriend
- Six men arrested in Huntsville prostitution sting
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Court documents: Huntsville man arrested for strangling girlfriend, killing dog has violent past
- Huntsville Police seek man accused of setting girlfriend on fire
- Huntsville police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- Madison County man sues Huntsville clinic after girlfriend gets abortion
- Police: New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft solicited prostitute
- Huntsville police warn of scammers impersonating officers