A wreck involving a Huntsville police officer and an 18-wheeler caused traffic headaches on Governors Drive Thursday morning.
The wreck happened around 7:15 a.m. on Governors at Parkhill Road.
A Huntsville Police Department spokesman Lt. Michael Johnson said an officer was sitting in his patrol car at the light when an 18-wheeler jacknifed and ran into the patrol car from behind.
The officer saw the truck coming in his rearview mirror and tried to move his vehicle forward, Johnson said, which may have lessened the impact and prevented him from being hurt, according to Johnson.
The back of the patrol car was crushed.
The driver of the 18-wheeler was not cited.
- Huntsville police officer involved in wreck on Monte Sano
- Wreck on Monte Sano sends five people to the hospital
- Volunteers needs for Monte Sano Art Festival
- Traffic alert: Monte Sano Boulevard back open after car flips
- Hikers rescued from heat on Monte Sano State Park
- Traffic Alert: Wreck cleared on Governors Drive near Monte Sano Boulevard
- Madison police officer involved in wreck in Huntsville
- Monte Sano state park's trail named after WWII sailor lost at sea
- Monte Sano art festival brings in hundreds of local art lovers
- Traffic blocked on Monte Sano Blvd. after car rolls into ditch