A Huntsville Police Department officer who was involved in a wreck late last month has died.
A spokesperson with the Huntsville Police Department confirms 46-year-old Keith Earle died at the hospital on Monday.
Huntsville Police Department
Earle was involved in a head-on collision March 26 at Pulaski Pike and Grizzard Road while on-duty. As of April 4, he was still in Huntsville Hospital and police said at the time he was in stable condition.
It's unclear whether Earle died from injuries sustained in the wreck or some other medical reason. At last check, the wreck was still under investigation.
Earle was a 25-year veteran of the Huntsville Police Department.
The Huntsville Police Department sent out the following statement: "Officer Earle proudly served as a Huntsville Police Officer for just under 26 years. We are attempting to get answers to many questions that we all have. We will be respecting the family’s wishes during this time so please be patient as we know everyone has questions surrounding these circumstances."
“Eula and I are praying for the family of Officer Keith Earle and everyone in the Huntsville Police Department," said Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle in a statement. "We offer our deepest condolences as our community mourns his loss and remembers his service.”
- Huntsville police officer hospitalized after wreck has died
- Huntsville police officer recovering in hospital after wreck
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police officer involved in wreck on Monte Sano
- Huntsville police officer injured in wreck on Interstate 565
- Madison police officer involved in wreck in Huntsville
- 92-year-old woman dies following wreck with Madison police officer
- Early morning Huntsville wreck sends three people to the hospital
- One person sent to the hospital after wreck in Huntsville
- Madison police officer hurt in wreck