Huntsville Police are looking for 27-year-old Walter Blankenship. On Friday evening, an officer tried to arrest Blankenship for breaking into a vehicle. Blankenship resisted arrest and got into a fight with the officer. The officer had minor injuries.
Blankenship got away and when he got in the vehicle, he drove it into the officer's car. Then he drove the vehicle to the Subway on Drake and South Memorial Parkway.
Subway owner Monali Chaudhari said this is something you see in a movie.
"I'll be watching everyone because you never know what people are capable of doing," said Subway owner, Monali Chaudhari.
Blankenship walked into the subway with a wife beater on, then went to the restroom. He even asked a customer to use a lighter.
"He left with a short sleeves shirt and changed fast. He was there for like 2 minutes tops," Chaudhari said.
But Chaudhari didn't think anything of it because people come in all the time to use the restroom.
"Then he left his car and went away, that was kind of weird," Chaudhari said.
Huntsville Police confirmed that Blankenship did leave the vehicle at the Subway and walked away wearing an olive drab shirt.
Customers are on the lookout.
"Always keep your eye open because you never know what people are up to these days," Jennifer Bulter said.
"We really need to make sure we're super safe here now going forward," Chaudhari said.
Huntsville Police also said the officer tried to use a taser, but that didn't work.
They're also asking if you've seen Walter Blankenship, then call the police station.
- Huntsville police looking for man who injured police officer
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Police Arrested Suspect Who Injured Police Officer
- Huntsville officer injured after robbery leads to police chase
- Huntsville police officer injured in wreck on Interstate 565
- Huntsville police warn of scammers impersonating officers
- Huntsville police officers receiving crisis intervention training
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Huntsville Police Officer, William Darby's background
- Huntsville police officers cleared in deadly shooting