Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: Huntsville police report that suspect was part of a drug investigation.
Police said the suspect is known to the department's STAC team.
The investigation is ongoing.
The major crime unit, criminal investigation division and many other investigators are taking part.
The officer was wearing a bullet-proof vest.
Police said the suspect has a lengthy criminal history.
UPDATE: The Huntsville Police Department says the officer injured in the shooting is in critical condition. Police say an offender is in custody.
Lt. Michael Johnson, police spokesman, said the offender is a male. He said the officer is a veteran of the department, having worked there almost 20 years.
UPDATE: The Huntsville Police Department says an officer has been shot on Levert Street.
No suspects are in custody.
The Huntsville Police Department is investigating a shooting possibly involving an officer on Levert Street.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates as we get them.
- Huntsville Police: Officer shot in drug investigation; in critical condition; suspect in custody
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police: Man shot after confronting suspects
- Huntsville Police: Investigating suspect who was shooting at officers
- Houston police sergeant shot and killed; suspect in custody
- Huntsville murder suspect in custody in Memphis
- Woman in critical condition after being shot at Huntsville apartment complex
- Huntsville police investigating pursuit that has one person in custody
- Suspects in custody after police chase in Huntsville
- Huntsville Police: Domestic violence suspect taken into custody