Photo Gallery 1 Images
Investigators are working to determine how a man found dead ended up in an alley. The body was found just off the 3000 block of 7th Avenue just off Governors drive near Clinton Avenue.
Taylor Link said he plays basketball at a church off a church close to where the man's body was found about four times a week, and said he didn't know police are investigating a man found shot and killed in the alley behind some homes.
"I would have never imagined an event like that would occur maybe hundred yards away from here," Link said.
The alley isn't paved and is muddy. Link said he wants to know how the man got there because many people in the area told us off camera they didn't hear any gunshots before the body was found Saturday morning.
"My guess is maybe he was taken or dropped off there," he said.
Link said he's never felt unsafe in the area.
"I come here for the security you know. I’m from Memphis, so I'm used to kind of being in areas people will say aren’t the best areas.”
After learning about the deadly shooting, it's a reminder for everyone to stay vigilant.
"You need to always pay attention to your surroundings," he said.
Huntsville Police are asking anyone with information to contact them at (256) 722-7100.
- Huntsville police investigating after man found dead in alley
- Huntsville police identify man found dead in alley
- Historic Huntsville bowling alley closing up shop
- Case involving body found in Huntsville alley is officially a homicide investigation
- Man found dead inside Huntsville house fire, arson investigation underway
- Tuscumbia police investigating after woman found dead
- Huntsville police identify man found dead at Big Spring Park
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Two people found dead in Huntsville
- One person dead, investigation underway in Huntsville