The Huntsville Police Department has released the identity of a man found dead early Sunday.
Hans-Jurgen Fischer, said to be a 61-year-old transient white male, was found dead on a property in the 4400 block of Evangel Circle about 7 a.m. Sunday.
Police said it is a homicide investigation.
The exact cause of death is unknown, but police said Sunday the victim did show signs of trauma.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Huntsville Police at 256-427-7270 or to submit a tip to Huntsville Area Crime Stoppers by calling 53-CRIME or online at www.53crime.org.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates
- Huntsville police identify victim in Sunday homicide
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Huntsville Police identify victims in double homicide
- Athens Police identify double homicide victims
- Vigil held for homicide victims in Huntsville
- Victim identified in deadly Huntsville house fire
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify victim in overnight murder
- Update:Police identify victim in fatal Huntsville wreck
- Police release the name of homicide victim
- Homicide victim identified as gunman in unsolved killing