Huntsville police have identified the pedestrian killed Monday night on Memorial Parkway and Drake Avenue as Roger Johnson.
Police say Johnson’s family has been notified of his death. They say he was homeless.
The wreck happened around 9 p.m. Police say Johnson was trying to cross Memorial Parkway going east when a driver traveling south on Memorial Parkway was unable to avoid him.
According to police, after he was hit, Johnson landed on the northbound side of the parkway. They say he was then run over by three more vehicles.
All of the vehicles involved stopped to help Johnson from being hit again, police say. He died at the scene.
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit, killed on Memorial Parkway
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed crossing Memorial Parkway Friday night
- Pedestrian hit, killed in wreck on Memorial Parkway in Huntsville
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run on Memorial Parkway
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit and killed
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed in Whitesburg Drive wreck
- Pedestrian death on North Memorial Parkway raises concerns
- Huntsville Police investigating robbery at Regions Bank on Memorial Parkway
- Huntsville police arrest suspect after shooting, stabbing near Memorial Parkway
- Huntsville police honored after dangerous shooting along Memorial Parkway