Huntsville police have arrested a man for robbing a bank on University Drive Thursday afternoon.
Keon Ladell Reed, 38, is charged with first-degree robbery.
Reed is accused of walking into the Woodforest National Bank just before 3:30 p.m. Thursday with a gun and using a note to demand money. A Huntsville Police Department spokesman said Reed was dressed as a woman when he entered the bank.
Police said Reed was not there when officers arrived, but he was identified and brought in for questioning after authorities identified him through video surveillance from the bank.
Bond had not been set for Reed as of Friday morning, according to jail records.
- Police: Man dressed in drag robs Huntsville bank
- Huntsville City Schools proposes dress code changes
- Huntsville man robbed during Craigslist purchase meet
- Huntsville police: Man's home robbed after he met date online
- Huntsville Police catch man accused of robbing multiple business
- Huntsville Police looking to identify man who robbed clothing store
- Huntsville police looking for bank robbery suspect
- Huntsville police, FBI respond to South Huntsville bank robbery
- Police: Man arrested for robbing a child
- Dress Barn closing 62 stores, including Huntsville location