Huntsville police have arrested a man for robbing a bank on University Drive Thursday afternoon.
Keon Ladell Reed, 38, is charged with first-degree robbery.
Reed is accused of walking into the Woodforest National Bank just before 3:30 p.m. Thursday with a gun and using a note to demand money. A Huntsville Police Department spokesman said Reed was dressed as a woman when he entered the bank.
Police said Reed was not there when officers arrived, but he was identified and brought in for questioning after authorities identified him through video surveillance from the bank.
Bond had not been set for Reed as of Friday morning, according to jail records.
- Police: Man dressed in drag robs Huntsville bank
- Huntsville City Schools proposes dress code changes
- Huntsville man robbed during Craigslist purchase meet
- Huntsville police: Man's home robbed after he met date online
- Police: Man arrested for robbing a child
- Huntsville Subway robbed, man claimed to have gun
- Huntsville man robs pawn shop while armed with a knife
- Huntsville man robbed and pistol-whipped by armed suspects
- Two suspects wanted for robbing Huntsville GameStops
- Huntsville Police investigating robbery at Regions Bank on Memorial Parkway