Huntsville police barricaded Little Cove Road in Hampton Cove after a woman was rescued by another driver from flood waters Friday around 7:30 p.m.
While traveling on Little Cove Road, the woman lost control and swerved off the left-hand side of the road into several feet of flood waters from the overflowing Flint River. The woman was taken by ambulance to Huntsville Hospital. Fire and rescue crews and Huntsville police responded to the scene.
Water is starting to cover the road, and Huntsville police say the intersection of Little Cove Road near McMullen Cove has been closed. Drivers are urged to avoid the area, if possible.
Police say Little Cove Road, which connects Highway 431 to Highway 72, will stay closed until the water recedes.
- Huntsville police barricade Little Cove Road after woman rescued from flood waters
- One dead after wreck at Bailey Cove Road in Huntsville
- Gunman barricaded inside a Huntsville apartment
- Water main break causes Huntsville roads to flood
- Woman saved in Madison County water rescue
- State troopers searching for suspect after chase, wreck on Big Cove Road in Huntsville
- Mom, children rescued from flood waters in Albertville
- Neighbors react to man barricading himself in woman's home
- Hampton Cove Elementary in Huntsville recognized as Blue Ribbon School
- Huntsville Fire and Rescue battles house fire on Tyler Road