The suspect in the case is accused of robbing eight GameStop stores between Alabama and Tennessee.
"They must have not given him enough for his trade in,” GameStop shopper, Brennan Parker, said.
That’s the only reason Parker could come up with to explain why someone would rob eight GameStop stores.
"That's just weird to rob,” Parker said.
Police suspect Laderous Hudson robbed five GameStop stores in the Goodlettsville, Tennessee area near Nashville. Then, Hudson allegedly came to Huntsville and robbed the GameStop on South Memorial Parkway and the Baskin Robbins on Whitesburg Drive. He’s also accused of robbing the GameStop on University Drive twice.
"That's crazy. Why GameStop?,” Parker said.
"This particular person had a specialty of hitting GameStops, because he was familiar with the GameStops and how the operations work, the businesses, the way they conduct the business,” said Glen Eaves, supervisor of the Huntsville Police Department Violent Crimes Unit.
Eaves said Huntsville Police got a tip from Goodlettsville Police that said Hudson was coming to Huntsville. The first GameStop store was robbed August 30th. From there, investigators started interviewing people and staking out different locations. The last robbery was October 18, and less than a week later, investigators got an address for the suspect and went to make the arrest.
"Interesting thing about taking him into custody was he had a pistol stuck in his pants that had a bullet in the chamber and had the hammer cocked," Eaves said.
According to Eaves, Hudson was arrested without a problem. He now faces a lengthy legal road.
"I guess people will do anything for money now a days," Parker said.
Hudson will be prosecuted in Madison County for all four robberies. Then, he'll be prosecuted in Goodlettsville for his alleged five robberies and four additional felonies. Police said that Hudson may also face felony charges, because the alleged crimes crossed state lines and involved a firearm. The felony charges could land him in jail for up to 90 years.
- Huntsville police arrest GameStop robbery suspect
- Robbery reported at GameStop in Huntsville
- Two suspects wanted for robbing Huntsville GameStops
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Huntsville Police arrest Irondale man suspected for robbery in Kentucky
- Huntsville police arrest suspect after weekend gas station robbery
- Huntsville police arrest elephant hat-wearing robbery suspect
- Athens Police arrest gas station robbery suspect
- Florence police arrest liquor store robbery suspect
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting