Photo Gallery 1 Images
Officer Billy Clardy III, who was killed in the line of duty on Friday, will be laid to rest on Tuesday, Dec. 10.
A public viewing will be at Mayfair Church of Christ at 1095 Carl T. Jones Drive in Huntsville from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. with services to follow. Huntsville police announced a processional from Mayfair Church of Christ to Clardy’s gravesite at Maple Hill Cemetery will immediately follow. It is expected to be from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the public should plan ahead because there could be long traffic delays. There will be police cars from across Alabama and from out of state involved in the procession.
WAAY 31 will have live coverage of the service on air and online at WAAYTV.com. This is expected to begin at 2 p.m.
Police say the procession route is as follows:
- Exit Mayfair Church of Christ turning right onto Carl T. Jones.
- West on Carl T. Jones to Whitesburg Dr.
- Turning right (North) on Whitesburg continue to California.
- Turn North on California to McClung.
- Turn right (East) on McClung to entrance to Maple Hill Cemetery.
- Proceed to gravesite.
Police say the following intersections will be affected by the procession:
- Carl T. Jones and Wainwright
- Airport and Whitesburg
- Whitesburg and Whitesport
- Whitesburg and Teakwood
- Whitesburg and Drake
- Whitesburg and California
- California and Bob Wallace
- California and Longwood
- California and Governors
- California and Big Cove
- California and Lowe
- California and McClung
- Huntsville police announce plans for funeral procession for fallen officer
- Honoring a Hero: Watch funeral service, procession for Huntsville police officer Billy Clardy III
- Funeral plans announced for Senator John McCain
- Huntsville Police and Madison Co. Deputies honor fallen officer
- Community continues to show support for fallen Huntsville police officer
- Huntsville Police dedicate Christmas tree to fallen officers in department
- Organization presents check to family of fallen Huntsville police officer
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville Alabama Wheelmen lead funeral procession for cyclist killed in crash
- St. Louis police identify fallen officer