Update: Police have identified the woman killed as Paibon Navratil from Huntsville.
Huntsville police say around 5:45 p.m., Navratil was attempting to turn left from Brandon Town Road to go south on Jordan Lane. They say the other driver, who is from New Market, was in the left lane, driving north on Jordan Lane. The department says Navratil attempted to cross over to turn left, and it is believed she did not see the other driver.
According to the department, the other driver struck Navratil, causing both vehicles to go off the road and come to a stop at a local business on the west side of Jordan Lane.
The other driver was taken to Huntsville Hospital with minor injuries. Navratil was taken to Huntsville Hospital, where she died from her injuries.
Police say the hospital notified Navratil's family. Alcohol and drugs are not suspected to be a factor in the wreck, and no charges will be filed.
Huntsville police say a victim was killed in a two-vehicle wreck around 7 p.m. at Jordan Lane and Brandon Town Road.
Police say a driver turned off Brandon Town Road into oncoming traffic.
This is the second deadly crash in Madison County WAAY 31 has reported on Tuesday evening. A bicyclist was killed on Wall Triana after being hit by a vehicle. Read more on that here
- Huntsville woman killed in two-vehicle wreck on Jordan Lane
- Huntsville Police respond to wreck on Jordan Lane
- Huntsville Police investigate burglary on Jordan Lane
- Huntsville police: Southbound lanes blocked at 9th Avenue, Jordan Lane due to wreck
- Update: Lanes reopened on Jordan Lane, Holmes Avenue in Huntsville after wreck
- Single vehicle wreck closes one lane of traffic in Huntsville
- Three-vehicle wreck briefly shuts down Jordan Lane, Mastin Lake Road intersection
- Wreck blocks traffic at Jordan Lane and Mastin Lake in Huntsville
- 2 taken to hospital after wreck at Jordan Lane, Grizzard Road in Huntsville
- Huntsville police: 1 hurt in Jordan Lane, Commercial Drive crash