According to Huntsville police, last week, the Madison/Morgan County Drug Task Force located and arrested a suspect, Jeremy Briggs, for possessing over 130 grams of heroin and a semi-automatic handgun.
Briggs was charged with trafficking in heroin, certain persons forbidden to posses a firearm and attempting to flee/elude police. He is a convicted violent felon, and Huntsville police say he attempted to run from agents before his arrest.
Police say the seizure has a street value of approximately $27,000. Briggs' bond was set at $271,000.
- Huntsville police: Suspect arrested after agents seized thousands of dollars worth of heroin
- Huntsville police seize $98,000 worth of drugs, guns and money
- Woman charged with stealing thousands of dollars worth of coins
- Thousands of dollars worth of items stolen from Huntsville wedding venue
- Huntsville store: 'Beauty Bandit' accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of wigs
- VIDEO: Burglar steals thousands of dollars worth of items from Huntsville business
- 2 arrested after Tennessee agents seize massive amount of 'Molly'
- Decatur man arrested after agents seize drugs, guns and more
- Huntsville police arrest GameStop robbery suspect
- Huntsville police arrest purse snatching suspect