Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: Huntsville Police say they have Devron Lashawn Booker, 29, in custody. He is charged with three counts of attempted murder of a law enforcement officer for the Wednesday morning shooting and one count of armed robbery for a Monday night carjacking incident.
Attempted murder of a law enforcement officer is a Class A felony that carries a sentence up to life imprisonment. Law enforcement has since recovered the stolen vehicle that Booker is accused of taking from an acquaintance Monday evening.
The weapon used to shoot at police was recovered on Hobbs Road. The officer who returned fire will be on administrative duty while the incident is reviewed, which is standard protocol.
Booker was taken to the hospital because officials believed him to be under the influence and dehydrated.
Huntsville Police say the vehicle, a blue Cavalier, was suspected to be a part of a previous robbery and shooting. It has since been towed from the scene.
Earlier Wednesday morning, an officer spotted the car and tried to stop it. Police say the driver was driving recklessly and fired at least one shot at the officer through the back of the car.
The pursuit was stopped. The vehicle was spotted about 40 minutes later.
Officers attempted to stop the vehicle, but the pursuit ensued again and the suspect fired more shots at police.
The pursuit circled the area on and off Memorial Parkway, eventually ending near Meadowbrook Drive.
Police said at least once officer returned fire toward the suspect.
Huntsville Police are investigating a subject who was shooting at officers during a possible police chase Wednesday morning.
According to the Huntsville Police Department Twitter account, the subject is in custody at Memorial Parkway and Meadowbrook Drive.
- Huntsville Police: Investigating suspect who was shooting at officers
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting
- Huntsville police investigating shooting death
- Police investigating shooting in Huntsville
- Huntsville Police investigating overnight shooting
- Huntsville police investigating chase, UAH officer-involved shooting
- Huntsville police: Suspect charged, officer on leave after shooting
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Police investigating shooting in north Huntsville
- Police investigating shooting in south Huntsville