Huntsville police say the Tuesday death of a cyclist is now a criminal investigation.
The cyclist, whose name has not yet been released, died from their injuries after their bicycle was hit by a vehicle at Wall Triana Highway and Boeing Boulevard.
Police are waiting for toxicology reports to determine if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash, said Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville Police Department spokesman.
Bystanders performed CPR on the bicyclist at the scene on Tuesday night, according to Frank McKenzie with Huntsville Fire and Rescue.
- Huntsville police: Crash that killed cyclist on Wall Triana now a criminal investigation
- Madison man identified as cyclist killed in crash on Wall Triana Highway
- Death Investigation in Triana
- Madison Police investigate deadly shooting near the Wall Triana Kroger
- Huntsville Police investigating after cyclist nearly hit by car
- Early morning wreck temporarily shuts down Wall Triana exit
- Pedestrian hit by car on Wall Triana Highway
- Portion of Wall Triana Highway to close tomorrow
- Fallen tree blocks part of Wall Triana Highway
- Traffic Alert: Flooding impacts one lane of Wall Triana Highway