Huntsville Police are investigating a robbery that happened at Bridge Street Town Centre about 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said Justin Oates, 25, followed the victim - who had just bought a watch at a jewelry store - to his car in the parking lot.
Police said the victim told officers Oates showed him a gun in his waistband and demanded the watch. Police said the victim hit the panic button on his car key fob and caught the attention of other people in the parking lot.
He said the suspect ran off because of the commotion.
Huntsville police said Oates wasn't working alone and was watching the victim inside the jewelry store with a woman named Jessica Sneed.
Police said the two suspects were not together when officers arrived. Police had already been called to Bridge Street to investigate that Sneed had stolen $200 worth of merchandise from Victoria's Secret.
Huntsville Police said Madison County Sheriff's Office deputies located Oates in unincorporated Madison County on his way home from Bridge Street. He was detained on a traffic stop by deputies and Huntsville Police took Oates and the woman in for questioning.
Oates is facing a robbery charge.
Sneed has not been charged, but poice said she is accused of stealing and is a theft suspect.
- Huntsville police: Bridge Street robbery victim uses car alarm to scare suspect
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Huntsville police arrest GameStop robbery suspect
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting
- Police searching for robbery suspects
- Huntsville Police arrest Irondale man suspected for robbery in Kentucky
- Huntsville Police looking for suspect in Facebook Marketplace armed robbery
- Huntsville Police seek public's help in identifying robbery suspect
- Huntsville police arrest suspect after weekend gas station robbery
- Huntsville police arrest elephant hat-wearing robbery suspect