Huntsville Police have confirmed a pedestrian died after being hit while walking in the northbound lane on Memorial Parkway.
Officers on scene say they received a call at 9:45 PM on Friday night. They believe the pedestrian was crossing the highway and was in the road when struck.
He was transported to Huntsville Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The identity of the pedestrian has not been released.
Police do not expect charges to be filed at this time.
Huntsville police say all northbound lanes of Memorial Parkway at University Drive are blocked due to a wreck.
Drivers should expect delays in the area. For live traffic alerts, click here.
- Pedestrian hit, killed in wreck on Memorial Parkway in Huntsville
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run on Memorial Parkway
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed crossing Memorial Parkway Friday night
- Huntsville police: Wreck on South Memorial Parkway causes traffic delays
- Video: Wreck blocks lanes on Memorial Parkway
- Pedestrian death on North Memorial Parkway raises concerns
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed in Whitesburg Drive wreck
- Wreck blocks portion of Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Road
- Lanes reopen on Memorial Parkway following three-vehicle wreck
- All lanes along Memorial Parkway open after wreck