Update: Huntsville police say the vehicle and possible driver have been located. The wreck remains under investigation.
Huntsville police say a suspect is wanted after the hit-and-run wreck.
The department says the suspect was in a dark-colored Jeep Cherokee or Grand Jeep Cherokee with front-end damage, and there is no lead on where he could have gone.
According to police, the victim is an older man, who was not using a crosswalk. They say he has life-threatening injuries.
If you have information, police ask you to call 256-722-7100.
A pedestrian is critically injured after being hit by a vehicle Wednesday evening at University Drive and Lancewood Drive in Huntsville, according to Don Webster, a spokesperson for Huntsville Emergency Medical Services.
The male victim was taken to Huntsville Hospital Trauma Services, Webster says. He says the call for the crash came in at 6:41 p.m.
Huntsville police issued an alert at 6:54 p.m. telling drivers to avoid the area.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Huntsville police say vehicle, possible driver located in hit-and-run investigation
- Huntsville police: Driver critically injured after hitting parked vehicle
- Huntsville police: Intoxicated driver crashes into police vehicle
- Vehicle crashes into Huntsville garage; driver flees
- Huntsville police investigating robbery
- Vehicle runs through Huntsville carpet store
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in north Huntsville
- Huntsville police searching for driver in hit-and-run on cyclist
- Decatur Police seek driver in deadly hit and run
- Huntsville Police looking for driver that hit teen