The Huntsville Havoc opened their two-game series with the Knoxville Ice Bears on Thursday night with a 3-2 overtime win thanks to Alex Botten's goal 2:49 into the extra frame.
The Havoc jumped out to a 2-1 lead through two periods thanks to a power play goal from Andy Willigar in the first period followed by a second period goal from Justin Fox. From there, the Ice Bears rattled off goals in the second and third periods to knot the game at two apiece and force overtime.
In the extra frame, Alex botten found the back of the net to give the Havoc the 3-2 overtime win.
Mike DeLaVergne had a solid night between the pipes coming away with 32 saves.
The two teams wrap up their weekend series tomorrow night in Knoxville at 7:35 p.m before the Havoc return home to play the Pensacola Ice Flyers on Saturday for a special Mardi Gras Matinee game set for a 3:00 p.m. puck drop at the Von Braun Center.
- Huntsville outlasts Knoxville in OT
- Knoxville based company buys 900 acres of TVA property
- Decatur police: Suspect in teenager's murder found in Knoxville
- Huntsville Havoc's fight to defend the crown is far from over with win over Knoxville Ice Bears
- Documents reveal how Decatur homicide suspect was caught in Knoxville, Tennessee
- Arizona outlasts Alabama for NCAA women's golf title
- Weight Watchers CEO: We will outlast the Keto craze
- Alabama beats Georgia 26-23 in OT for title
- Havoc fall 3-2 in OT to Rail Yard Dawgs
- Top-ranked Tennessee rallies, beats Vanderbilt 88-83 in OT