Huntsville's municipal offices will be closed for Thanksgiving on Nov. 28 and Nov. 29.
The city provided this list of the services that will be affected:
- Garbage Collection: Thursday's residential curbside collection will be picked up on Friday, Nov. 29.
- Public Transit: Thursday's Shuttle Bus and Handi-Ride services will be closed. Transit service resumes on Friday, Nov. 29.
- Parks & Recreation: Recreation centers and facilities will be closed on Thursday and Friday and will reopen on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Animal Services: The Animal Shelter and Animal Services will be closed from Thursday through Sunday.
- Municipal Court: Closed Thursday and Friday.
- Public Safety: Police and Fire will remain on duty throughout the holiday weekend.